Ohh Noo The Brakes!!!

laxpug19

so today were gettin about 8 inches of snow. I have a 99 wrangler. And me and my buddies tide a sled to the back and pulled. at one point one of the kids that tagged along not really a friend decided to pull the e brake. Now my light wont go off, and the regular brakes are really loose? like i have to push down all the way to get any kind of stopage! SOME ONE HELP BEFORE I DIE!!

You just need to adjust the e brake, he probably wore the crap out of your rear pads. The same pads are used for the ebrake as for the the hydraulic brakes in the rear cuz they're drums

You need to adjust the rear pads, remove the rubber plug from the backing plate and adjust the starwheel to move the pads closer to the drum. Move until they drag slightly and back off a little.

And check the fluid level in the master cylinder.

Now my light wont go off, and the regular brakes are really loose? like i have to push down all the way to get any kind of stopage! SOME ONE HELP BEFORE I DIE!!
Judging by that i'd say you need to fix it before you do any good amount of driving

lol, i knew it was a bad idea. DAMN PEER PRESSURE!:purple:

Back