Painless wire harness for cj5. Good or Bad?

jerval

I want to buy a painless wire harness to rewire my 79 CJ5. this one says it is precut to proper lengths and I am not sure if this is a good idea. Should I buy a universal rewire kit or buy a painless. please help.

Painless wiring harnesses are as the name implys...painless. ok there is some sweat equity into it but the one kit we had installed was just like the factory wiring harness but new. 99% of the plugs just plugged in and were perfect right out of the box.
Personally I wouldn't attempt a uni type of kit since cutting and soldering ends on will be a pain...plus trying to find the right plug ends...

Save your self the trouble and call painless and talk to them before making your decision.

Painless is known to be the kit to buy when you want to do it right and without it becoming a nightmare.

I put one in my 79 CJ7 2 years ago. It was not painless, but not painful. There must have been a few differences between different year/package CJ7s because some things on mine had to be customized. I remember some difficulty with the neutral safety switch and ignition wiring. Its a good way to go, but don't expect to be a complete plug-in.

Back