4.0L airtube and conical K&N
    Taurus electric fan
    Ford v8 injectors
AX5spd
NP231
  • RE Hack and Tap SYE
    Shortened XJ front driveshaft
Wagoneer front D44
  • Vacuum disconnect converted to cable (Po'Mans selectable locker)
    Mini-spool
    Chevy knuckles (DS flattop)
    Waggy PS flattop knuckle soon to come
    Chevy backing plates
    Waggy steering linkage
    Locking hubs
    5.38 gears
Isuzu Rodeo rear D44
  • Spool
    5.38 gears
    Disc brakes
Bias TSL's in the Q78 size (35.5"x9.5"), internally balanced by Dynabeads
Stock springs with one leaf added to each pack, and an extra leaf added above each rear main leaf.
Warn 8274 on a custom mount
Optima Bluetop D34M
Smittybuilt front CJ cage
4"x4" rockers with 2"x2" tube kicker
18mpg (GPS verified)

Here it sits on the 35" street wheels, as it'll only fit into the garage with these tires and no top:
DSCN4036JPG-2.jpg

The beadlocks I'm working on, welded to 6" Waggy wheels for a 7" wide finished wheel:
DSCN4034JPG-2.jpg

My 8oz. pack of Dynabeads that went into each TSL for internal balancing, shown next to one of Pepper's airsoft BB's that he put into his TSL'SX's:
DSCN4041JPG-2.jpg

The Isuzu rear D44:
DSCN4032JPG-2.jpg

The Waggy D44 disconnect system before the minispool and 5.38 gears, makes for a handy Po'Mans selectable locker allowing 3wd for tight trail turns. It is now operated by an aircraft cable from the cab:
DSCN3522JPG-2.jpg

DSCN3523JPG-2.jpg

Chris,

Nice setup there, the YJ looks good.

I may have to call ya next time I get stuck out here in W TX. haha

With that set-up just be prepared to get a lot calls from your friends needing a tug or two out some tight spots....ummm how fast can you make it to Utah if I get stuck now?

I enjoy the recovery challenges, but driving the bias TSL's a few hours is enough for me ;)

We had to winch a CJ5 sideways on the obstacle in the first pic, at one time it was on the fenderwell header and another it was on the fiberglass rocker. We got it through with minimal damage, sideways winching during forward progress. Awesome wheelin at Hannibal Rocks, Hannibal, MO.

I'm impressed. Where did you find the Waggy axle? I have been thinking of trying to track some of those down for my CJ... quadratrac version.

The disco style is a mid '80s, like '83/84 or '84/85. Tons of info on www.ifsja.org .

They would make good swaps for a Quadratrac CJ since offset rear axles were found in many Waggys.

Awesome job on it all. Its lookin great.

How is the power from that engine? It seems you've put a few bucks into it. You've gotta be almost in the stock 4.0 range? Impressive I'm sure.

Enough power that it is fun to drive, especially offroad.

It will accelerate uphill with the 36" TSLs in 4th, and accelerate on the flat in 5th, can't ask for much more from a 4banger.

Very nice Bounty, very impressive rig. I love the Q78's... They've always been one of my favorite tires.

Last edited:
Really, really great ride!

You're going much deeper into yours than I've gone so far...

It looks great! How soon before we'll see a video of your drivin' prowess?

Back