Is this a CJ windshield???

4x4dave

I purchased a Jeep Windshield Glass, from Craigs list which stated that the windshield was from a YJ, When I picked it up I even asked if it was from a YJ or a CJ, He said "not sure because selling it for a friend, but even if it isn't a YJ, a CJ glass should fit." But, when I tried to fit it, I noticed the glass was smaller, so that makes me think that its from a CJ. Can any one confirm it?
image-missing.png

The dimensions are roughly:
image-missing.png

CJ glass is larger than a YJ frame and won't work with the CJ seal. The YJ glass is glued in with an outer seal. The CJ has the sandwich gasket type seal.

those dimentions do not look like a cj glass, I would have to measure mine at home to be definate, I don't recall a CJ ever having the glass taper in.

If you could measure it, I would greatly appreciate it. The CJ and YJ glass do taper in a bit. My drawing is over doing it slightly, sorry about that.

Update if anyone is interested:
Well I found out that most likely this is a CJ Windshield. I'm going to sell it as a CJ but will state that not a 100% sure. I'll post it in the For Sale Forum

Thats a CJ windshield. CJ's don't have the black band around the outer edge to hide the urethane adhesive that holds YJ windshields in place. Look at any YJ and you'll noticed a black ring that goes around the whole outer edge of the windshield.

Last edited:
Back