CJ7 tub weight

After. My tub is in pretty decent shape. It does have three areas that need attention, though. There aren't any holes that I can see the ground through, but like most CJs the rust has turned to rot that kind of looks like something you'd see under a microscope in a science class. It's gotta go!!!

I want to take the tub off so that I can remove the panels and weld in new. Then I'll treat the underside and inside of the tub with a rust inhibiter of some kind. Still not sure which one to use, though.

I just need to know what to expect when I go to take the tub off the frame.

after looking through several websites and books I could not find the tub weight its too late today for phone calls. I would suggest calling willys overland or quadra tec to see what the shipping weight is on a replacement tub would be. should be close . I feel your pain though Im getting ready to de tub a 1946 cj2a

I don't know what it weighs, but I can tell you that with everything removed and completely bare, one person on each side can lift it up and walk it off the frame without killing themselves.

We used to pick them off the frame with an engine hoist, a block of wood, and two straps.

We'd bring the hoist in from the rear. Put the block of wood between the hoist arm and roll bar. Hook the straps from the arm to the door hinges. It got a little hairy a few times but it worked. Now we just pull it under the lift and raise it off with the lift arms. Much easier.

Two guys will suffice. Three even better. This is with the rollbar, seats and everything removed.

Back