Jeep YJ seat bracket???

Upnorthguy00

I was just wondering if there was anyone out there makeing the big boy seat brackets for the YJ's. I have a 95 Yj and would like to move the seat back for some more leg room. I am 6'4'' tall and could use a few more inches. Any info in how to get a few more inches of leg room would be greatly apricated.

Ryan

I hear you bud, I'm 6'6" and have the same problem. I never thought about fixing it until just recently I head some guys talking about using hockey pucks to raise their seats up a little bit. That seemed to work alright for them. Just drill holes in them and maybe hack them square so they don't look so much like hockey pucks, and mount 'em up.

I'm 6'4" too. I can't imagine sitting higher. I already can't see many traffic lights b/c of how the windshield frame/visors sit in my line-of-sight. Its pretty annoying; I have to duck down to see when the light turns green. I think my seat goes all the way up against the roll bar when its fully back, so I don't think I could mod mine to sit further back. Thats OK with me though b/c I don't feel cramped when my seat is all the way back. I have the non-flip style CJ seat bracket with a YJ slider. I am not sure how that locates the seat compared to the flip style bracket. Let us know what you end up doing.

I'm 6'5", and correct me if I am wrong, but if I seat any higher, there will barely be any room between my thighs and the steering wheel... Is there something I am missing here? By the way, I could not move the seat further back because the speaker (sound wedges between the wheel well and the roll bar) get in the way...

In my case, it is not too bad to just go as far back as I can... Granted, it is a bit tight, but not as tight as I have been in other modes of transportations (try 14 hours flying in coach in the red-eye to Tokyo or Argentina, and you will know what I mean!!! And sometimes those are even bumpier than a drive on a trail!!!!).

Felipe

I suppose I never really thought of that. The pucks would work better for mildly tall people I suppose.

The OP was looking to move the seat back, how is raising it up going to help with leg room? I'm 6'6" so I know about these issues but not in a YJ. My TJ has plenty of room but in my 442 I had to fashion a new seat mount a couple of inches further back.

Back