2.5 inch and tires??

cjseven84

i have a 1984 cj7 and i have jstu ordered a 2.5 inch rancho lift with rsx9000 rancho shocks what size tires will look good and still give me alot of flex off raod??
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I may be wrong here but with 2.5 lift I think you can get a 33 on there but it will be tight. add a 1 inch body lift and you you would be fine. without a bl I woug go with a 31 and you should have a bunch of room! Tug

PS just a question for my own use, How did you decide on the lift you ordered?[addsig]

there's really no purpose to spend all the money on 9000 series shocks... they are a bit heavy for jeeping... but there is NO such thing as TOO heavy duty... the 5000 series is more than sufficient... though.... the 9000 could have some better features such as pressure regulation and such.... either way.... good purchase[addsig]

tug, i decided on this lift becasue i didnt want to spend to much money on worring about how to line things up after a 3 or 4 inch lift such as my transfercase and things like that i called 4wheelparts and they had a special going that offered a 2.5 inch rancho lift with the rsx 9000 shocks for only 465.00 so i figured this was a good buy and it would give me the softer ride with the added lift that i was looking for[addsig]

hey that rancho is just a tad bit bigger than what they say ... rancho always is an inch bigger than whats on the box.... so it was a good buy ,,, try 33s ... u have a 7 ,, so your drive line will be fine .... 9000 shocks are the sweet
image-missing.png
but again on tires i would think 33x12.50s and it will look good..
image-missing.png
stay cool
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Reason I ask I am trying to make an informed choice and waiding through all the different ideas is a mind boggler. I too am shooting for a enough lift to go with 33's and not be all up into the fenderwells. 1bigmf has great knowledge on the lift thing and if he say so, it's so. I am leading in the direction of the rubicon lift? Tug
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

go for the $270 5.5" Rubicon Express SOA thats what im doing as soon as i get the $$ for the new tires im gonna need[addsig]

I had an 85 CJ-7 with a 2" lift and 32x11.50's with Rancho 5000's and drove it for many years. It was a good setup and worked fairly well with stock gears but there were times when I realized that I did not have low enough gears, this would be a more noticable problem with 33's. You will be amazed how much more capable your jeep is offroad with 32's on it compared to stock. What ever you finally decide to go with HAVE FUN
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back