i once again, hate my jeep, and hate electricity

Greencuke

ok, so yesteday was my big wiring day which we all know turned out less then as good as id hoped. anyway, i was cleaning up and i was hookig the pressure switch back up. Just as i touched the wire to the tab it arched a little bit, and then once it was hooked up, it dind't work. I figured id blown a fuse so i checked them all today. All the fuses (both in the bay and under the dash) are good. I used a meter and checked the voltage and they were all good except the one marked "dome". this one had no voltage flowing to it. now "dome" to me would seem like domelight, which would be what im looking for. THe problem is its not the fuse thats bad, but a wire, and im assuming the problem is between the fuse and the battery. Im very frustrated (again) seriously considering getting my honda back. please any help would be very greatful.

Reggie[addsig]

Never cuss that fiddle son or it will never tune! When I put my stereo in I wired rewired and wired again still not working. took it out back to store pushed into the wall where the display was and wa la bing bang it worked perfect! I striped the wireing I had done out again and started from the begaining and now its fine. Two days of mad cussing fits then peacefully blissfully all good again. Moral of the story I hate my Jeep and Electricity too when I have to work on it! Hang in there Tug[addsig]

Did you check the wires going to the ignition coil? No spark = no start.

Check your coil and your plug wires.[addsig]

An easy fix would be to run a new wire from any power source, whether it be fused or not, (ideally straight from the battery, if you choose a source from inside the Jeep make sure it can handle the addition load or it is something that you don't use very often, i.e.- rear defroster ect.. or something that isn't paramount to the Jeeps operation), install an in-line fuse holder, and use that for your power source. It is avoiding the problem, but I have done this a couple times instead of tracing wires for hours trying to find a problem that may be extremely hard to find.

Hope this idea helps, I know it can be called "rigging" but if it works and is reliable, thats all I care about.....[addsig]

No problemo Greencuke...I had the same problem with my jeep. Inside the fuse box next to the battery are 2 tiny flat fuses next to all the big ones. One of them controls the circuit you are talking about. I had the same prob and couldnt figure out how come the circuit had no power even though all the fuses were good. Anyway I decided to check out the battery fuse box under the hood and found the culprit....just a tiny flat red 10amp fuse.[addsig]

Well thought I would give it a stab...that was my problem anyway...its funny that they have all those fuses under the dash....but the constant hot that runs to the dome and radio and stuff like that runs off of a mini 10 amp fuse hehe. I hate electrical stuff...back a while ago my heater fan kept blowing the heater fuse and it was quite annoying...not to mention cold. Anyway I tore into it....took out my passenger seat took all the dash panels off to get to the control box and check for shorts in the wires. Checked them all and they seemed fine...then I noticed something...the wires for the cigarette lighter run into the same bundle as the heater. I remembered that I had wanted a lighter in there since I didnt have one so i found an old lighter in my garage and stuck it in the hole. It didnt work so I just forgot about it. Anyway the funny thing was I pulled the debunk lighter out and guess what? My heater worked again...no more blown fuse. I then spent the next hour laughing and putting my dash and seat back in....all that trouble...for a damn cigarette lighter.[addsig]

Back