Wiring issues

89-91mater

Hello,
My name used to be 1 out of 2 until my computer went on vacation. My progress with swapping bodies is going smoothly so far. Once again my plans are to use the 91 frame and 4.0 under the 89 body and 5spd/transfercase.
Some how the 89 is more solid than the 91 body, but the 89 frame is unrepairable. So my questions are: Is the fuse panel under the dash in both wired the same? Can I just simply plug and play type deal? The 4.2 is carbed and there is the pcm (firewall) and a fuse panel on the right side inner fender to deal with also. Anyone done this before? I need help with this pronto!!
I WOULD APPRECIATE TIPS AND TRICKS EMENSLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR READING THIS
Until...................................

I'm guessing there are some major differences in wiring and it is not a plug 'n play type deal due to the major change of going to MPFI on the engine.

it would be much easier to just take the whole wire harness and computer from the 91 and swap it over to the 89 body,make sure you get the check engine light and so on. heck maybe take the whole dash and what not and put it in the 89 tub.

well ****!
I guess I should get busy and remove all that spagetti hanging everywhere!
What a mess I have to deal with. Maybe I should have labelled everything before
unplugging it all! OOOPPS!!!!!!!!!!!!
A LESSON LEARNED HERE THAT I ALREADY KNEW

i think they are right i removed every bit of the 88 yj's wiring and am startingfrom scratch. i didnt need any of the emissions stuf. but anyway. yes you will have to totaly change the wireing from the newer yj to the older body. most of the wireing in the 89 is for the pulse air and other emissions crap. so good luck.

well ****!
I guess I should get busy and remove all that spagetti hanging everywhere!
What a mess I have to deal with. Maybe I should have labelled everything before
unplugging it all! OOOPPS!!!!!!!!!!!!
A LESSON LEARNED HERE THAT I ALREADY KNEW

You can always go for a painless wiring kit... More doe, less headaches!

Back