Thread: Dome light

Dome light

I know I should search, but I'm tired after working on this new Jeep. It's a 1998 TJ. I know I've seen it, but how do I keep the dome light off when riding w/o doors? I have other questions too, but I'll hold off for now.

Re: Dome light

I just unplug the wire at the door on my YJ.

The poster formerly known as Red93...

'93YJ 4.0HO, 33x12.50r15 Maxxis Mudder Buckshots, 4.5 RE extreme-duty lift w/ 1" BL, 4.11 gears, Aussie locked front, 1in transfer case drop soon to be replaced by SYE/cv shaft, 2 memphis 10's pushed by a memphis pr500, custom bumpers made by me

http://www.myjeepspace.com/wrangl3r93

http://www.tnvjc.org

On my '03 I just pulled the fuse. Can't remember which one it is at the moment, but it should be listed in your owner's manual. Quick, easy, and cheap!!
    Just Enjoy Every Possibility!

Pull the fuse! Only problem with that is it's also the dummy buzzer if you leave your headlights on when you get out. Only did that once though. Of course ever since I broke my dome light buttons off I don't have to worry about it either way.
    '01 TJ, 4.0/5spd
    6" Rock Krawler X-Factor Long Arm, 35" BFG M/T's
    4:88's, ARB's

BOHICA!

fuse #17 in back of the glove box.

blatant jokessubliminal sarcasmsexual innuendo

I personally like this:
    http://www.quadratec.com/products/13029_200.htm

The fuse is hard too pull - too little for my hands. I have the spring things, and they work reasonably well, but I seem to always leave them on, replace my doors, and try to close them.
    My 2005 Wrangler Build Thread

“He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.” -Compressions 8.7:1

Pull the fuse. Its the cheapest way. Unless you leave your lights on and ruin your battery.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help. I knew there was something you could do.

Another Question

Got another question now. Sometimes when I start the Jeep, my dash does not work. When this happens, I can usually flash the lights a few times and the dash will begin working again. Someone told me a clockspring might be the issue, but I don't know what they were talking about. Any ideas?