90 yj air filter

yjmudder90

since this is my first post i will try to keep it short.
I was wondering if i could get an aftermarket filter for my yj and get rid of my filter housing. I was looking at a round filter with a chrome top and liked it. my main concern is all the lines that go to the factory filter housing. are these really necessary or could i just get rid of them??? i am pretty mechanically inclined but know nothing about this subject. my last car was a 2001 honda civic that i modded heavily but i know little about carbs and all these vaccume lines. i really just want to clean up my engine bay a little and get all of the unnecessary out of the way. any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

If you are going to do the whole changing the air cleaner you might as well switch in a motorcraft 2100 or 2150(for high altitude). With this you et rid of the POS carter and get a carb that doesnt want to flood when you hit an incline.
If you do, mr.gasket has a kit and you can find one in a junkyard for a couple bucks along with a rebuild kit.

yeah i plan on doing a howell fuel injection kit on it in about a year but i just wanted to clean up under the hood a little.

I think i found out what most of the stuff does and goes to but i am not sure about a few things. there are two wires that go to the housing from a harness, there are two lines on the underside and i dont know what these go to. if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

I did the Holley 2300, like it better than the motorcraft.

Back