95 YJ Heater Core Replacement

95kidneypunch

It's time for me to take control of my life, my heater and my self esteem. It's funny how all three of these things hinge on one process: The replacement of my 95 YJ 2.5 L non-AC heater core & Blower motor.

Problem: replacing the heater appears to be more time consuming & expensive than I originally thought.

Solution: cut the heater box remove and replace heater core and blower motor- :sawzall:

Concern: Am I being a pu55y Should I just man up on this project and do it the right way?

Macgyver: Macgyver was one cool S.O.B.! Now I know I am not Macgyver but using ductape, a dremel tool and saving about 4-8 hours on non horsepower adding modification seems like good common sense.

Wrap-Up: should I cut and tape or do it right?

does anyone have experience here?

-By the way the Yj heater is totally out and I am commuting in 20 degree weather! Please help!

Best Regards-

95KP

Last edited:

If you don't care what the finished product looks like then why not save the time, effort, and aggravation?

If it's a beater then go for it but it will probably lower your resale value. I know I'd think that you did ALL of your mods in the same fashion and be leery of purchasing your ride.

Personally, I would take the time to do the job right.

Back