What year would u say this cj-5 is?

nica89yj

Im playing around with the idea of buying this cj-5, the engine fires up, the body and frame are in good condition. The rear end apparently belongs to a chevy donor, the guys that did the swap did not measure and its way to wide on one side. He wants 300 dollars for it..what do u guys think?

Attachments

• fINCA 001.jpg
    fINCA 001.jpg
    590.3 KB · Views: 160
  • fINCA 003.jpg
    fINCA 003.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 129
  • fINCA 004.jpg
    fINCA 004.jpg
    604.8 KB · Views: 140
  • fINCA 005.jpg
    fINCA 005.jpg
    571.3 KB · Views: 160

The body and title alone are worth 300. Go for it. I hope you have a good stash of money, though.

Yeah, that looks like a good project that you could drive and enjoy while you work on it.

Lookin to make a trail rig?

I'm guessing it's a 72 - 75 CJ-5. I think that engine is a 232 I6, which would mean that it has to be the AMC elongated engine compartment. Honestly, the proportions in the picture make me think that this is a shorter nosed 1969-71 Jeep, but I'm basing my assumption on my initial bet that the engine is a I6. I got that just by comparing photos. Note the gas tank isn't under the front seat (at least, I don't see a filler cap, although to be truthful, I didn't see one on the rear passenger side, where it should be for that Jeep, either). I don't see a housing for the wiper motor inside the windshield, which should put this at post-1969. If it's one of the model years I'm thinking of, then it should be on the outside of the windshield on the bottom in front of the driver's seat. I can't see it in the pics with the hood raised. The windshield has those flip-down latches which secures it; I think the screw-type fittings came in later, but I don't know when.

It's awfully hard to pass up anything for $300, but that Jeep looks like a basket case to me.

body is in good condition, chasis has no rust, no bondo, engine fires up like nothing. The only thing that kills me is that since its not drivable i cant check if the transmission is working or the transfer case. I have the original leaf springs that came on my 89 yj so a trail rig could be in the near future, but keeping it somewhat stock is also attractive. good to see that most of you would take..although we are all a little biased and love these things.

72-75 like David said. It's a long nose, look at the front fenders. It sucks that the Dana 44 rear axle is gone though.

Back