Electrical problem with 2002 TJ

Hambonis

My front driver's side turn signal, my rear night-time running lights and my "beep" to let me know that my lights are on when my door is open all went out at the same time. I replaced fuse #10, but then it immediately blew out again when I turned the lights on. Any idea what is happening? I did have a sensor replaced that was located above the fuel tank recently, so they had to drop the fuel tank. Not sure if that has anything to do with my "current" problem (no pun intended). Thanks for the help, Chris.

Sounds like when the fuel tank was reinstalled, a wire was pinched and is grounding out on the fuel tank.

I would trace the wires from the tail lights forward and try to locate the grounded wire.

:agree: You may likely need to drop the fuel tank again to find the source of the problem. Even dropping it a few inches may expose the problem. If it is a pinched/damaged wire, be prepared to replace that short section of wire with the same gauge (it is likely 14-AWG or smaller diameter).

Consider taking your Jeep back to the service station that replaced the sensor. They might fix the "current" problem at no cost.

If you indeed find a pinch, the place that pinched it definately should foot the entire cost of labor and any misc parts !

Back