$#@^%$ rotors!

jcooper

Okay, I've changed the rotors on my TJ (due to chrysler using thin POS rotors). Now I have a

new problem. My mom's 99 Grand Cherokee is doing the same damn thing (warped rotors). So

I found rotors were available, but I can't find any online info on how to put them on. I think those

luxury SUV's may require the hub to be disassembled (my dad's ford exploder did).

So I guess my question is this, Will I need to do a bunch of BS hub disassembly or will it be a

straightforward "remove the tires, pads, and pop the old rotors off"? btw - I'm only doing the

fronts.

Thanks for your help.

Cooper.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I have a '95 Grand Cherokee and my rotors came off no problem, didnt have to have them pressed...Now I wish that were true with my '81 CJ7.[addsig]

does the transfer case have "part-time 4wd"? It seems like rotors are readily available for 98

and older grands, but 99 and newer is really scarce. I'm guessing this means they are different

somehow. Hopefully nothing major.

My concern is how they perform the "part-time" bit. If it's done in the transfer case, then the

rotor swap should be straight forward. If it's done in the hubs (slip-detection?) then that means

more complex hubs, and thus a harder job.

Thanks for the input.

Cooper. [addsig]

image-missing.png
I also had a 99 Grand that really went through the rotors. I also have a friend with a 2000 Grand having the same symptoms. He went to the dealer and had his replace under warranty. Of course that would be good for you if it was still under an extended warranty. Good Luck.[addsig]

Back