Need help finding a transfer case

Sayre

Hello guys. Boy, am I glad I found this site. Don't surf much because my connection's really slow.

I'm having problems finding a replacement transfer case for my 91 YJ 4.0 with the auto transmission. JC Whitney can't get 'em anymore apparently, and I can't find anyone local (south Louisiana) that can help me either. I've gotten a couple leads, but when I call them or go by, they don't have it in stock and can't get one.

Mine lost a seal and the oil and is pretty FUBAR inside. I'd rather just replace it with a new/rebuilt unit. I'd take a new one if I could find one that wasn't too expensive, but I'm dreading the price on one of those.

Can someone point me to a business that might actually have a NP231 for my Jeep. I'm not so desperate that I'll break the bank, but summer's coming and my favorite toy is just sitting there looking at me like a jilted lover.

Thanks for any help y'all can provide.

Check your local off road shops and salvage yards.
You can also call Palmer Brothers in Birmingham, AL. It's a Chrysler Jeep salvage yard.

I rebuild 231's all the time, would gladly go through yours if you were closer or wanted to ship it. I've got used 231's also, but I would need the specs of your input shaft (spline count and length from case).

Back