Need to move a TJ from LA to Pennsylvania

60biscayne

Good News - My youngest daughter is coming back home!
Not so good news - She & her boyfriend have a total of 3 vehicles
A hummer, a Honda race car & our '97 Wrangler
They figure the can get a tow dolly set-uo or trailer & pull this Jap hunk of junk with the Hummer but the TJ would have to go with a transporter.
I got multiple quotes from a service but it seems like high, higher & highest! I know the price of fuel is up etc. but isn't there a way to get a fair deal???? Trucker running partially empty that could use a few bucks towards his diesel etc?????
Anybody got an idea?
Thanks,
Jim

I would think you could tow both the jeep and the honda behind the hummer on a flatbad. I think you can rent those too.

When I had my camaro shipped back to me in NC from Fresno it took 2 weeks and i think it was almost $1000. That was back in 95 though. It's probably a heck of a lot more now.

Is the Hummer an H1? H2? H3?

option 1.) If it's an H1, tow both the ricer and the jeep with th H1...
option 2.)If it's an H2, point it toward a cliff, put a brick on the gas pedal and tow the rice with the Jeep.
option 3.) If it's an H3, see option #2

Now I would tend to agree with Joop but some people were dropped on their head as baby's and do love there hummer. Gowd I don't know why...:mrgreen:

Biscayne had they called the railroad for prices? Rail transport has always been cheaper than going cross country on the back of a semi.

Back