Out of stock

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
So I'm a bit frustrated - I ordered some new soft top door uppers from 4wd.com over a week ago, and just logged in today to track them. I ended up calling to find out what the problem was - turns out they are out of stock, and have no idea when they will get more in from smittybilt - maybe a month or two.

I'm not really upset, but I wish 4wd would have given me a heads up - I would have canceled my order a while ago, instead of wasting time.

Anyone know where I can find soft top stuff in dark khaki for cheap? I see bestop everywhere, and they are great, but I don't want to spend all that on my second set of doors.

I have a guy that I always use at 4wheelparts.com. If you want I will give you his name and number. just throw me a pm

4wd and 4wheelparts are the same company now. I had the same problem with them around Christmas time I ordered mirror mover (Smittybuilt) for my Bro's JK about a month before. A week before Christmas still nothing. So I called them up and they told me it was on back order.... I pretty much was peeved and made a snide comment about they really should post that, had I'd known I wouldn't have ordered. I love going there don't get me wrong but that was frustrating. Now smittybuilt there's another issue. I try to stay away from them there is a reason why they are cheap. Stupid mirror movers don't fit.(didn't find that out till last month)

I was under the impression that Smittybilt was out of business, or that some other company acquired them. Anybody know for certain? BTW, what ever happened to good customer service? It seems that nobody is concerned with that anymore, especially many of the large companies (for any product/service).

I had a similar problem 2 months ago with Quadratec and a Rugged Ridge HD steering kit... It sucks to wait for so long for your parts!

there has been a lot of issue with 4wd hardware, so bad that Poison Spyder has severed it's relationship as a distributer with 4wd hardware, is was giving Poison Spyder a bad reputation.

could be worse, try ordering from Blue Torch Fab, I have always had problems with them regarding shipping time.

Well, it looks like I'm stuck for now. I haven't found another place that sells uppers in dark khaki, unless I go with Bestop, which will be >$200.

I think I am (through my buying habits) part of the cause for the whole bad customer service thing. I know that Bestop makes the best product that will last longer, and they've probably got great customer service, but I'm reluctant to pay an additional $80. I'm a victim of the walmart mentality I suppose...

Maybe I'll just break down and get the best top uppers..

So I'm a bit frustrated - I ordered some new soft top door uppers from 4wd.com over a week ago, and just logged in today to track them. I ended up calling to find out what the problem was - turns out they are out of stock, and have no idea when they will get more in from smittybilt - maybe a month or two.

I'm not really upset, but I wish 4wd would have given me a heads up - I would have canceled my order a while ago, instead of wasting time.

Anyone know where I can find soft top stuff in dark khaki for cheap? I see bestop everywhere, and they are great, but I don't want to spend all that on my second set of doors.

We get our products from the same distributor as 4Wheel Parts and are actually dropping the Smittybilt line because they are so hard to deal with. I have been waiting on snatch blocks and GEAR seat covers since May and they still tell me that the ETA is May 30th which has come and gone.

Hang in there!

Back