p0352?!?!?!?!

stingbee

I am having a problem figuring out what is going on with my jeep, i have a 2002 tj 4.0L. The jeep has been misfiring on the #2 and the #5 cylinder which are paired in the ignition coil, which leads me to believe it is electrical. The codes that I pulled off the jeep were obviously the multiple misfire and which cylinders were misfiring. It runs fine when it is cold, but when it gets to operating temperature it start acting up, if i shut it off and turn it back on sometimes it will fire on all six for a little while then shortly dropping #2 and #5. I have replaced the spark plugs, ignition coil, camshaft position sensor, and the crankshaft position sensor. After replacing each i unplugged the battery to reset the check engine light. Next on the list to replace would be the ignition coil wiring harness. The code that I am having problems finding where to locate the issue is the p0352, which is Ignition Coil No. 2 primary circut. Has or does any one have advice for me, I am trying to save money and do the job myself, any information would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Well I have finally figured out the problem (I hope). I found that the relay for the ignition coil was getting hot and not operating properly, which was causing it to misfire and run rough. I swaped the horn relay with the ignition coil relay and now she runs like a top again, figured I would post just incase someone has the same issue in the future.

well that dreaded p0352 code is back, and I have no Idea what to do now? The problem is that after I initally swapped out relays and all that other expensive stuff that I put in my first post, the jeep ran great and I had one little issue and the same code showed up, so I shut it off and fired it back up and it ran like new and the check engine light went away. Then just today I was driving for maybe 10 mins and here comes the code and loss of power misfire again, but it is not showing any misfire codes just the p0352, so I guees i can probably just yell and throw tools but seriously, I have no idea where to go from here, can anyone help?

Just curious.........did you replace your plug wires when you replaced your plugs?? My little 4banger had a couple different misfire issues and I discovered that my plug wires don't last near as long as I thought they would. Could be something that simple and relatively inexpensive. Just a thought.........Good luck!

the 02 4.0l have the ignition coil rack, so it is running a distributorless system, which was replaced, I am thinking it has to be something to do with the relays, or the harness going to the ignition coil. If that doesnt do it then I was going to look into the EGR valve, but it kills me because of the code it is throwing, the coil pack is brand new, I have returned and swapped it out so I know I have a good one and that isn't the issue. I appreciate the feed back. The other thing is that it is only showing p0352 for the ignition primary/secondary crap, and no misfire codes. It is very strange, I dont dare take it to the dealer, I have just about read the whole haynes manual. So I hope it is the wiring harness, easy fix.

I having the same type of prob. Engine code 0352. Any info would be appreciated. I'm trying to save money and do it myself.

have either of you figured out why cylinder 2 and 5 are not firing? ive also switched just about everything and still p0352 witch i already switched the coild rail but still got no spark on 2and 5 , so im posably thinking a defective coil rail but what are the odds that my new rail has the b coil defective just like my old one , any help? 2002 jeep tj 4L

well that dreaded p0352 code is back, and I have no Idea what to do now? The problem is that after I initally swapped out relays and all that other expensive stuff that I put in my first post, the jeep ran great and I had one little issue and the same code showed up, so I shut it off and fired it back up and it ran like new and the check engine light went away. Then just today I was driving for maybe 10 mins and here comes the code and loss of power misfire again, but it is not showing any misfire codes just the p0352, so I guees i can probably just yell and throw tools but seriously, I have no idea where to go from here, can anyone help?

Im having a similar problem did you figure this out?

Im having a similar problem did you figure this out?

What year make model? So any new info is specific to your issue.

In general P0352 is a misfire code.
This may be caused by a number of issues. Clogged injector, stuck injector, bad plug, bad plug boot, wrong plug, vac leak, exhaust or intake valve leak, overheated injector. ... and worse.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Back