Will a 2000 Wrangler fuel tank go in a 1989 Wrangler?

60biscayne

I'm having Fuel Pressure problems with my 89 Wrangler.
We installed a 2004 vintage 4.0 Complete which requires 49.2 pressure +/- 2.0 or 50 ideally.
The stock 89 tank had no fuel pump so I bought and mounted a late 80's vintage Big Ford Truck (external to the tank E2000 I think) in line pump which puts out like 100 pounds (too much) so than I bought and installed a 1998 Grand Cherokee frame mounted Regulator Filter which did nothing. The E2000 seemed like it was screaming - couldn't suck in fuel as fast as it pushed it out so I bought a 1995 YJ 20 gallon tank with a pump in it which puts out 34 pounds I think and satisfied the Big Ford pumps input requirements. I than went thru 2 adjustable fuel pumps which I bought on eBay for $50, I returned the first they sent me another but that one won't adjust either. I just acquired an adjustable which is a hot rod part for these Japanese cars, it's worth over $400 but I have to get some AN fittings and Stainless hose to hook it up.
I have this fuel tank from this 2000 which has a pump in it that will probably satisfy the 2004 engines needs but will it go up in the place where the current tank sits etc????????
Any Help is apprechiated,
Jim

Back