Small Project

Jeeper99

I am known for not leaving anything stock. I've not really had the funds to really make any real mods on my TJ yet, so I try to scrounge around to make slight changes on a budget. I really didn't like the way the factory plastic "bumperettes" looked on my jeep, so I took them off. The front looks ok (for Now) but the back just looked like crap with them gone due to the hollow rear bumper. so..... I had to change it.

I found an old fireplace shovel that was almost identical to the thickness of the rear bumper and got to brain storming. I drew out some templets so I could box the ends. I also went ahead and took my hidden hitch off as I don't tow anything with my jeep. Thats what the truck is for. :rolleyes:

I worked on it about half a day from start to finish, including searching for the scrap steel. I think it turned out pretty well considering I didn't have to buy a thing. It's not a dramatic change, but at least it looks better than the stock set-up :roll:

0034-1.jpg

0054-1.jpg

0063-1.jpg

0101-1.jpg

That is actually that Duplicolor roll on bedliner that Wal-Mart carries. I've had that gallon of bedliner for almost 2 years now. used it on my boat trailer, and also on the inside of my jeep, and now the bumper. Still have 1/4 gallon left. lol Looks better than spray paint. ha.

It is very forgiving if you don't have a perfect surface - I did the floorpans in my old CJ with it. Great for just ruffing up some metal and painting.

Back