Stolen Jeep

Craig

As alot of you know, my jeep was stolen a couple of weeks ago. I just wanted to warn the people living in the states if you're in the market for a used jeep....watch out! I was talking to a guy who heads a special stolen vehicles crime unit here (Vancouver, Canada) and according to him, alot of the jeeps that are stolen here are swapped of their vin numbers with those of a vehicle which has been written off by the insurance company and recertified on the stolen vehicle, then shipped to the states and sold at various car lots. Watch out and check for tampering of the vin number.

PS. If you see one that is snorkled that has black rubber undercoating sprayed in the inside, it's mine![addsig]

again my friend,,,i really hope you get your girl back...[addsig]

So when are you getting another Jeep? I hate they sold you ride and I hope they get caught. Thanks for the information and keep on Jeepn Tug[addsig]

I certainly hope your jeep was insured...myself I thought it would be better to put in a good alarm...after all for what the alarm cost me I probably could not get one month of full coverage insurance anyway...I pay $130/month just for liability.[addsig]

Alarms don't work! they are easily disconnected even with ones that disable ignitions. The best way to protect it is a kill switch that only you know about. They tried to steal mine. They didn't get the jeep bet did damage to the door lock and ignition.[addsig]

proximity and motion sensitive alarms are very effective in jeeps, the problem is they go off to easily and that can be quite annoying, although in my oppinion any other type of alarm is far to easy to bypass in a jeep so i wouldnt waist my money, my jeep has a kill chip thats right under the steering wheel, i take out the chip and there is nothing you can do to start the jeep, use it in the summer when the tops off all the time.[addsig]

My alarm was over $200...its a Python alarm which is made the viper alarm company...it has a built in kill switch that is wired to ignition...if it goes off...my jeep is dead unless you have the remote. That sucker is loud too...it is deafening right next to the jeep and probably could be heard plainly from several blocks away. Lifetime warranty too (i like that). A cool idea if you use an alarm with a kill on it...is to wire the kill to the fuel pump...even if the thief bypasses your alarm kill for the ignition...the jeep still aint goin anywhere...would be good for those highjackers too....if it gets highjacked...just get out and let the thief have it...wait until he gets a block or so away and then hit the button...putt putt putt...jeep no go hahahaahah.[addsig]

that really is a great idea about wiring it into the fuel pump, no car theif would have enough mechanical know how or time to figure out that was the problem[addsig]

Sorry to hear about your loss,when you find the punks who stole her, you should stone, and run them over, leave tread marks on their faces.... Hope it all works out for you in the end, keep your head up
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Let Me know if you find me, Im up for a road trip, i just want to say hi!!! Keep your head up man, it will all work out. I have had alot of things stolen out of my rig, and im a kid whos flat broke, so i know how ya feel, im pissed for you![addsig]

His jeep has been found, its in another post.[addsig]

Back