Dual Shocks on a YJ??

franco

Anyone out there has ever seen or done dual shocks on a YJ ? I know some welding has to be involved. Please advise
Thank you,
Franco.

no, and pretty much is a useless modification. Multiple shocks on a vehicle is for looks more than anything, especially when you take into consideration the advances in shock technology in the past decade.

I would say to just get some nice nitro shocks. If you want that 90's dual shock look, I guess it wouldn't have to be epic since the shocks don't really seem to have much force applied to them. This may just be your time to get out the graph paper and start making stuff up.

The only time dual shocks would be of any benefit is if your doing like a desert race or something where they will get really hot from traveling up and down so much. The two shocks split the work so theoretically they won't get as hot and they'll still work.

So ya...it's not worth putting them on your rig. lol

welcome to jeepz! - like said above... dual shocks are (functionally) for high speed off roading for the reason stated.. if you just want looks (which is fine... 32 flavors and all that...) then i'm sure it can be done - check with different mfg's and see if they offer some kind of "universal" kit - may be suprised to find a bolt on - or make it yourself - thats more satisfying anyway... (and better "bragging" rights...) - let us know what you wind up doing....

Back