TJ blower not working

TJ_Jeep

well i was heading home on a cold night so i turned my heater on and i noticed that the blower would only work on high and nothing else so i took the dash off and took switch apart and tried to hot wire to see if it was the switch and it wasnt but i noticed on one of the connectors had the plastic melted around it, i checked all the fuses and stuff but nothing happened anyone know what the problem is

There is a resistor down below the glove box, mounted to the heater box, the reisistor is what differentiates the different fan speeds. Here is a write up I googled. Blower Resistor Replacement

There is a resistor down below the glove box, mounted to the heater box, the reisistor is what differentiates the different fan speeds. Here is a write up I googled.

im pretty sure thats what it is after i read that other page, ill just have to live with it on high because i dont have $70 lol im just wondering what could of caused it to go bad

I replaced that resistor on my 2000 and that wasn't it.

Turned out to be the heater fan control switch behind the dash panel.

I replaced that resistor on my 2000 and that wasn't it.

Turned out to be the heater fan control switch behind the dash panel.

mine was that fan thing i replaced mine with an 1985 Broncho II works perfect i thouyght was the switch at first 2

Back