1994 Wrangler turns over, but won't start. No fuel or spark!

obuandy

I have a 4.0L 1994 Wrangler. Everything was running great with no problems. I installed a new deck in the dash, running a new hot lead to the fuse panel to get power. Radio now works, and it turns over great, but won't start.

I'm not getting fuel OR spark. I tried getting spark from the coil and a plug..Nothing. I disconnected the fuel line before the filter, and I'm getting no fuel. Checked all relevant relays, fuses, and grounds and they all appear to be good.

Any ideas as to what would make me lose fuel and spark at the same time? Bad sensor? Computer? Anything I could have fried while installing the radio that would let the jeep turn over but not start? Been troubleshooting for a week and I'm at a loss.

Could be a separate problem all together.

If you are not getting fuel possibly check the voltage at the fuel pump see if is getting power.Could have broke a wire at the fuse panel

94 Wrangler with a 4.0? YJ?. A little Confused. As for the No Start issue, Check the RUN circuit on the ignition and see if there is battery Voltage with the key on. Another thing you can do is Re-Trace the area's where you worked on and see if you accidentally knocked out a wire or wire's loose. could also be just a blown ECU fuse on the fuse block. I think 2.5 liter sounds better.

Last edited:
Check all the mini and maxi fuses in the PDC under the hood. Likely blew one (ASD is my guess). If you replace a blown one, it'll likely return power to the fuel pump and 'puter.

Back