78 cj5 4cyl to 304 v8 swap??????????????

jmathews

I am looking for a website(s) to find a conversion kit to swap a 4cyl to a 304 amc motor, transfer, and transmission. I guess what i need are motor mounts, transmission mounts, ect. Its my cousins jeep and im gonna help in the swap, just trying to help him find one. THANKS

Hey to the 20 something viewers that viewed this thread, thanx for the help guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe i can help you guys out sometime to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? The ultimate jeep forum???????????? huh (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH) thats funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:?|

thanx! I looked on google and couldnt find anything that really helped, I think i got this took care of. Thanx alot for even responding

There is no kit. I believe the motor mounts will need slight modification. Never did the swap, but.. I swapped a 258 for a 360 in my old cj and one motor mount (frame horn end) bolted right up, the other I re-drilled. as for the rest of the drivetrain, transmission won't work, not sure if you have D20 or D300 but that should be fine.

best thang i could tell u is go find a wrecked jeep with a pulled 304 and cut the mounts out u need in just weld them on your frame

Back