What's up with the Super Swamper LTB's?

Boze

I was wondering why the LTB's (light truck bias) Swampers were so much cheaper then every other tire that interco makes. I realize a radial will be more than a bias-ply tire, but the Irok bias and bogger bias are not that much cheaper than their radial counter parts. So what's the deal with the LTB's? If anyone has them or has had them let me know, thanks!

Simply put there are a couple reasons, the LTB is a softer rubber material and for daily street driving will not last as long, Probably about 5-6K miles per set. The tread patterns is a little more aggressive and has minimal siping compared to the SSR and the Irok. Lastly, they measure a lot smaller than the rated size for a coulpe of their tires and larger for others. The 34” LTB measures a hair under 33” rumor as I have heard was when interco developed the mold for the carcass, it was initially supposed to be a 33” tall tire, but they accidently printed 34 on the side, so they just left it. their 33x12.5 tire measures a little tall and the 40” ltb and 47” ltb alsmo measure 1/2” - 3/4“ larger respectfully. Yet almost none of interco tires measure what they are rated.

I'm sorry...I missed everything you were trying to say on account of the blue...it was just unprofessional.

Giant tool... I got one right here :D

seriously, I have no clue why, I didn't hit the color option ???

Just so you know, I plan on running the 40 LTB once my tires are done. if you trailer your vehicle, and depending on where you wheel, LTB's are a great choice for both performance and price point. But I see your in SD... I would consider more of a AT tire than an aggressive mud tire, you have way more rocks than mud out there., the bfg km2, crawlers, GY MTr's, Nitto Terra graplers, Pitbull growlers, etc..

Ya, I even live a half hour East of San Diego in the desert where we get even less rain. The reason I would get a mud tire however is because generaly, they have a way stronger sidewall than an AT. I can't tell you how many stories I've heard of the sidewall being torn out of BFG All Terains, (which are my favorite all around tire for a daily driver). I was just wondering why the LTB's were so cheap.

If it is a side wall, all the previous mention are way more durable than a bfg at with exception of the MTr, not, nor have I ever been a fan of these tires. Also look into Maxxis tires (avoid the buckshot) the creepy crawly is a nasty tire, assuming you get the normal rubber and not the comp compound you can use it for daily driving with some degree of drivability, and they absolutly are awesome in rocks from what I have rear. Plus the side wall is really thick.

Johnny, I'm with you on the MT/R's, although I now run a set on the street (came across them cheap). Found out the past few days they work well in the snow. they wouldn't be my trail tire that's for sure.

Wow! I had always thought the Goodyear MT/r was built for rocks. They sure push them like they are, that's for sure. Hmm. Learn something every day.

They may be, but not much rock here in the Midwest. The suck in the mud so I'll never run one on the trail. Your experience with them out west will likely be completely different.

Back