Full-Traction Suspension

Hickory94

Does anyone run the 4" TJ Full- Traction lift? Any problems with it on your TJ?

image-missing.png
[addsig]

Two people run this lift in our club. One said the install was fairly easy, and likes the lift. The other said the install was the toughest of the 6 or so TJ lifts he has done, too early to comment on how it performs.

Here's what one member of the Southern Illinois Jeep Association had to say about this lift:

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>I have a Full Traction kit on my TJ. It's been on the Jeep since July. Here are my observations...

It rides nice on the road, although mine did tend to stiffen up... (seems the opposite of what should happen)

It doesn't flex as well as the johnny-joint control arm equipped rigs. But you don't have to replace those worn out johnny joints neither.

The fixed control arms need grease fittings. Can be done fairly simple.

I may change my front shocks. I think they are too stiff for my blood.

The disconnects completely suck! They just got it wrong with these. The upper end bracket is turned the wrong way, which makes them even more difficult to re-connect. I had to re-drill mine to spin that bracket around the right way. But really, they need to get thrown in the trash and JKS's need to go on. JKS and Tera are the only TJ disconnects on the market that are decent.

Overall, I like the Full Traction kit. Like all lifts, there are always going to be things that you want to change. But I think it works well.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>[addsig]

I asked the same ??? on the 4 bangers board and decided against the Full-Traction lift. I'm gonna get a 3" BDS lift (which is actually 4 1/4". It's cheaper and more reliable.[addsig]

That is one thing that is bad about TJ's... they are much more expensive to lift[addsig]

Back