What size tires can I put on my '95 Wrangler

HOCKEY19

Hey guys,
I'm new at this. I just got a '95 jeep Wrangler and was wondering what size tires I could put on it without a lift for now. Also I want to put 33"'s on it and not sure what type of lift to use. So basically I may put the lift and 33"'s on it now instead of buying two sets of tires and rims for it. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Hey Bro, (just read back over this, sorry so long winded, but I hope it helps).

So I have beat the "what lift should I use" dead horse into a puddle of glue over the last couple weeks on this forum and here's what I found out: (I have a 93 YJ so everything should be the same).

You can technicaly just bolt 33's on your YJ but they will rub on the slightest bumps, and when you steer lock to lock. You NEED new rims with 3 5/8" backspacing. You will also need at least a 1" body lift, (some say a two inch is unsafe and will put too much strain on your body mount bolts, others say they've had a two inch body lift for a long time and have had no problems). Either way you go is up to you, I would just stick with the least amount of lift I could get by with. Another option is to run 1" longer shackles. This will basically give you 1" of suspension lift. Also if you go this route get the "boomarang" shackles, they will give you a little more articulation. Lastly, and probably most important, you should get a set of TJ fender flares. The opening is alot larger than the flares on the YJ and they are not too hard to install.

I have plans to install everything I just mentioned over the course of this weekend and the following week, I'll let you know how it went. Here are some prices:

Performance accessories 1" body lift: $83.66 www.xtremeterrain.com
Rough Country 1" Boomerang shackles: $45.95 X 2 (you need front and rear) www.ebay.com
OEM style TJ fender flares: $139.99 www.quadratech.com

Rims and tires are up to you, I found a pretty good set of 5 BFG mud terrains mounted on steel backspaced rims for $500 on Craig's list. stuff is on there if you check it often enough. Anyway, hope all that helped. I'll post pictures of how all my stuff works so you'll know what to do and what not to do. Good luck.

Back