PA mirror laws?

freedomfly

This question may have been asked before. But for those of you that live in Pennsylvania, what are the mirror requirements for PA. Today we had a warm spell so I took the doors off. Well need less to say I passed a total of four cops to and from town and nobody stopped me they just gave me a double take. I just wanted to make sure that I am still legal.

Lenny

PA law says you have to have one reflective device to see behind you.So rear view mirror is legal.

If you want write down the PA code number encase a cop harass you you about it.

§ 4534. Rearview mirrors.
No person shall operate a motor vehicle or combination on a highway unless the vehicle or
combination is equipped with at least one mirror, or similar device, which provides the driver an
unobstructed view of the highway to the rear of the vehicle or combination. This section shall not
apply to any special mobile equipment, commercial implement of husbandry or implement of

Thank you.
Our local cops dont really know squat so I will keep that code number so that they dont get their goodies off for finally pulling someone over.
Thanks again.

Lenny

i heard somewhere (yesterday actually) that in pa, it was illegal to have your doors off at all and some cops care and others dont depending where u are. i would say im not sure about it but there were a bunch of people talking about it. they said if it came with them, u need them which is why you dont need them with cjs because doors were an option. idk tho, it wouldnt stop me from taking my doors off.

Just another thought that those of us that live rather close to another state such as MD WV VA NJ DE NY or OH should know their laws about mirrors before riding down the road into another state.

Just another thought that those of us that live rather close to another state such as MD WV VA NJ DE NY or OH should know their laws about mirrors before riding down the road into another state.

Well according to another post it should not matter as long as your jeep is legal in the state it is registered.

Back