crap!!!!

mgmckenna

So where i Live we got hit by a descent snow storm, and I was driving my jeep trying to make a turn, and started to slide. The jeep would not turn and would not stop, so I proceeded to slide directly into a strom drain on the passenger side, and hit hard where i then heard a crunch. Got out to inspect and nothing looked wrong until i noticed the wheel was pushed back about 4 to 5 inches. Looked underneath and saw that the lower control arm bracket was completely bent over and broke. So i guess I am wondering what is the best way to deal with this, as far as fixing it.:x

Last edited:
A temporary fix will require a welder.. The underside of the lower control arm is hollow, find a pipe that will snugly fit in it with the lenght cut measured from the control arm on the other side thats straight. insert it inside the control arm and start welding. dont stay on it too long with a welder or the control arm will accumulate enough heat and burn the bushings.. this should get you by till you get a new one. check the upper control arm as well along with the shocks and any other component that may have been affected with the impact.

Back