Rattleing noise, drivers side...

BAM4x4

Whats going on fellas? I have a 04 Rubi and starting last night when I drive over a bump lg or sm theres this rattleing that sounds like its comming from the drivers side, underneath. I threw it up on a jack stand real quick this morning before I went to school and there wasnt anything obvious. Ive heard in the past that tie rods cause this or wheel bearings. I dunno, I am mechanical but not a mechanic. What do you think?
Thanks guys.

Does the rattling go away? Does it sound like an airplane? When the rattling starts, does it get quieter then quits? Just clues to the puzzle.

When the rattle occurs, grab the T.case shifter and see if it goes away. if it does, let us know. if it didn't make a difference, check to see if the rattle is coming further back towards the e-brake cables. if it is, check the cables for contact around the area.

Or it could be the converter, because used to on take off it would rattle badly, like a tin can with a nut in it, but i don't have that problem anymore took the cat of and have a cherry bomb =]

When I drive it sounds like something is loose or broken rattleing around. It started two days ago and it was persistant everytime i hit some kind of imperfection in the road. Yesterday, I didnt hear it at all. As for what collin said, it doesnt quiet down, it just stops. I havnt driven it yet today but I will be checking for the sounds and I will follow your advice steel and we'll see what happens.
I dont know if it matters but its an '04 with 31k.

someone please help me i have that exact same problem and i have no idea what it is i work at a car dealership and had a few guys check it out but they couldnt seem to find anything

Funny this post was brought back up. I had the same problem when I would give it gas when pulling out *drove me nuts*. Got under the Jeep yesterday and found that the T-Case linkage had some play where it mounted to the body (bracket with the hole where the pin goes through) I adjusted the shift rod length and tested in 4low and 4hi. Works like a charm now, with no rattles. :D

Back