carb questions

slumlord

i have an 80 cj7 with a 258 six , the carb is cracked and i need a replacement. no supplier can find the original carter carb. it is a single barrel c-3 please help with any info , i am lost

That will most likely be the Carter YF, also look at listings for a Ford I6

i have an 80 cj7 with a 258 six , the carb is cracked and i need a replacement. no supplier can find the original carter carb. it is a single barrel c-3 please help with any info , i am lost

Don't know where you're located but FN Jeep in Colo Springs will most likely have either a single or double bbl carter carb for you. They have a very extensive yard and have rebuilt carbs for sale.

I would do what buckaroo did and swap out for either a holley, weber or motorcraft. They would be a great improvement over stock 1bbl.:D

FN Jeep | Home

I would do what buckaroo did and swap out for either a holley, weber or motorcraft. They would be a great improvement over stock 1bbl.:D

FN Jeep | Home
You would mount a Holley or MC on a one barrel intake? How?
A Weber DFEV, or a Holley 5200 will fit nicely. But the Larger Holley or MC base plate would be to large physically wouldn't it?

You would mount a Holley or MC on a one barrel intake? How?
A Weber DFEV, or a Holley 5200 will fit nicely. But the Larger Holley or MC base plate would be to large physically wouldn't it?

The Motorcraft 2100 (I think that's the number IIRC) will fit on the 4.2L intake as will the H 5200. I don't think we're talking about anything larger than what physically fits the carb plate.

I think a wiend supercharger and twin 750 double pumpers bolts right up...if memory serves...no?

I think a wiend supercharger and twin 750 double pumpers bolts right up...if memory serves...no?

Ya Man, Sure!! would you like some fries with that? Haha.. Hey man, i just got the dimensions of the glass. I just gotta find time to go to the UPS store to get a price for the shipping.

Ya Man, Sure!! would you like some fries with that? Haha.. Hey man, i just got the dimensions of the glass. I just gotta find time to go to the UPS store to get a price for the shipping.

Good deal. I'm thinking I have the door situation figured out too. YJ and even CJ doors should work just fine, so let me know and we can do this. Thanks again.

i need some help!my carb was rebuilt but still has really ruff initial start,it shakes bad and black smoke then after 3 minutes it clears up but i still have a foul exhaust smell.and sometimes my idle is alittle high should i buy new choke,new carb,or buy fuel injection conversion kit?if anyone could get back too me id appr. it.

Back