4cyl. throttle body to 6 cyl. throttle body?

97TJ

Hello All, Will a 6 cyl. throttle body bolt on my 2.5 4cyl.? Any thing else needs to be changed? Thank You!!

Welcome to the Z. A 6cyl throttle body will work on your jeep if it's a '96-'04 model.

If you want an even better upgrade, I sell 62mm throttle bodies and matching 62mm spacers. They're about 7mm larger than the 6cyl TB and have no taper, resulting in quicker throttle response.

Check out Login

6 cyl. throttle body is a good upgrade buy you have to use everything off of your 4 cyl. throttle body on the new one, (idle air control and throttle position sensor).

Hey thanks for the info.! What if the 6 cyl. throttle body has all the parts on it. Will I have to still put my 4 cyl. parts on it? Thanks Again!

Hey thanks for the info.! What if the 6 cyl. throttle body has all the parts on it. Will I have to still put my 4 cyl. parts on it? Thanks Again!
If your doing an UPGRADE, i would go with that 62mm T.body from Bounty_Hunter. You'll be much happier.

You still need to use the 2.5L IAC housing and sensor. It's the housing on the side of the TB held on with 4 small bolts, generally T20 tamper-proof torx bits.

Back