AMC 20 Do I need axle puller J2498???????

rsnyd

My buddy and I are trying to change my rear axle seals and the manual we have is telling us that we need an axle puller. I called Quadratec and they're telling me I'm crazy. Can anyone help?

Iperciateit

Have you tried calling your local parts store to see if they would lend one to you or rent it?.. I used the Factory tool to remove the hub off the axles on my AMC 20, and even with that tool, it was tough breaking the hub loose . It's a conical shaped tool. the outside of the cone has a lip with holes that matches the hub's bolt pattern. the center has a large bolt with the end having a T handle. You install the tool on the hub using the Lug bolts from your wheel and screw in the center bolt tight and use a dead blow hammer to break the hub loose.

Thanks. If I can't find one to borrow, what are my other options? how do i know I have the right one? have you run across these online anywhere?

This is what the tool looks like. It's made by Snap-on tools. Part#4567-G. I dont know if its still available.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 626

I didn't have one and couldn't find one when I pulled my axels about three weeks ago. I just pulled everything off but the hub and smacked it with a hammer... they slide out surprisingly easy.... I definatley suggest the puller if you can find one though

yeah we used one of those when we pulled the hubs off my friends cj5 we had a h*ll of a time with the tool. they would have never come off without it.

Back