Anyone tried these Gorilla winches?

Interesting find and first I've heard of them. I did a quick 'Google' looking for more info and other than people asking if anyone knows anything about them I did find a couple of Boards discussing warranty issues. Other than that, that's about it. Their website does say some of their products are out-sourced to foreign countries and they have major offices in China.

I don't want to dis a product I have no experience with but with winches that are put to frequent use, product comparison tests have shown that you typically get what you pay for.

-Phil

For a little more you can get a superwinch EPI 9.0 which is a far better winch IMHO, all that winch is a Japanese made mass produced knock off winch with that particular company's name on it. same as the Black mountain winch, smitty built winch and all the other "value" winch. Yes they work, yes they are cheaper, but there has to be a compromise for that value, weather it is in parts, warranty or service.

IMHO, I would only buy an American made winch, one with a good warranty, quality manufacturing process, and proven customer service and a track record that shows it is a worthy investment. There will be times when some of your equipment will seriously save your butt.... I personally use this sinerio in that case, if I was jumping out of an air plane would you trust your life with a Value made parachute?

I'm all in with johnny on this.. As for the parachute, I'd take whatever is left since i'm always the last one to jump.. Hey, i heard those Gorilla runs like an Ape..:lol::lol:

Ha ha ha, got to love the animal puns. So I'll stick to the Warns and Superwinches out there. I thought these things might be junk. It's like buying a Chicago Electric welder and expecting a Lincoln...Just not going to happen.

Ive owned several of these winches for quite some time now. Never have had a problem with them. Use one on my trailer to winch a 13,500lb dozer almost once a week, it never grunts. The other on my jeep dosent get used alot but has worked perfect when did. Hope this helps

Back