i just bought amy first jeep and need some help

robo83

i just bought a 1993 jeep yj. it is 'tricked' out for the woods and im wondering if i need to change anything. it has front and rear lockers that the guy i bought it from said i wont need and i should take them out.

thanks,
Rob

Lockers can come in handy if you plan to go off road at all.Do you know what kind of locker?If it is a Manuel or sir locker there is no need to remove them.If they are locked all the time and you only drive on the pavement then it may be good idea to remove them.

i wont be going "off road" but some trail riding at the hunting clubs and some mudding with friends

i just bought a 1993 jeep yj. it is 'tricked' out for the woods and im wondering if i need to change anything. it has front and rear lockers that the guy i bought it from said i wont need and i should take them out.

thanks,
Rob

if you dont want them il bye them from you

i dont know what im doing with them though, the guy i bought the jeep from said they will cause me more hassle than they will cause me good. and im thinking as long as i dont have them locked all the time they wont hurt

Leave them in. If they aren't locked all the time you won't even notice them on the street, and then you'll have them when you need them off road.

so as long as they are not locked they wont cause harm, even down the road. do i need to do anything to them to take care of them.

i dont know what im doing with them though, the guy i bought the jeep from said they will cause me more hassle than they will cause me good. and im thinking as long as i dont have them locked all the time they wont hurt

o i mean ther realy nice to have for off roading and i would keep them but if u just dont want them and wanta get rid of them hint me up

WHAT? Getting rid of lockers is like getting rid of your manhood.
If they are selectable, keep those bad boys. They'll come in handy sometime. If the front is cable activated, it's probably an OX locker, not ARB.

Dude keep the lockers.
1st. They are really expensive (esp the selectable type)!
2nd. As long as there not "turned on" or "locked" they will cause you no problems (unless they were installed wrong).
3rd. If you plan to get more into 4 wheelin your jeep (tougher trails) you will be very, very happy you have them (I really wish I had lockers lol).
DO NOT USE THEM ON THE STREET! IF YOU DO THAT YOU RUN THE VERY LIKELY RISK OF DAMAGING YOUR AXLES!

You should really go to these web pages to understand what up with lockers.

HowStuffWorks "Locking and Torsen"

Locking differential - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd keep the lockers. If later on you decide to sell the Jeep, you can add the lockers as leverage on the price.

Keep them. Sounds like you have a ARB in the rear and an OX locker in the front if it is cable activated. my other thought would be the front might be just welded and the cable is operatine the "Posi" for the CAD.

If you truely have 6" of lift and 2" body lift and 33's, if your gonna street drive it, I would lower it down a bit, loose the Body lift. or put some larger tires on.

Back