Camo Jeep Wrap

Does anyone work with this kind of material www.camo4u.com - I am looking at doing a full wrap on a CJ

they did thst on an episode of orange county choppers. what they do is dip the object in this camo film and it just stays on. i think they mention the name of the company if you wanna look around for that episode, ill also go see if I still have it recorded.

paint it camouflage it will have more character and if it gets scratched easier to fix

I did the 8 inch stripe down both sides of my Toyota and it was real easy. That was 4 years ago and nothing has peeled off or even scratched off. I got it through camo4u.

Only thing I know about wraps is, as a drummer, drums come in either stained wood or a wrap. The wraps bubble up in spots and over time start to peel off. That would be my concern with doing a wrap on my jeep.

As my user name implies, I am a signguy. I have applied materials similar to this and Rubiconhd is correct; ya gotta get it clean. Instead of rapid-tac I have used a solution of dish soap and water for application fluid. Very little soap and lots of water please, you just want to make it slippery enough to squeegee out the air bubbles. Use a real vinyl squeegee, not a credit card or a bondo squeegee. A heat gun helps a bunch to apply any large vinyl decals. Consider going to a Sign Shop that specializes in vehicle wraps. This stuff can be pretty tricky. My suggestion is if you really want to wrap yer rig, practice on a tool box first. If you can make it look good, you should be able to wrap your Jeep. Myself, I'm one of those old dinosaurs who still airbrushes and hand letters. You get one of a kind results that way.... but that's just me.:rolleyes:
Good Luck

As my user name implies, I am a signguy. I have applied materials similar to this and Rubiconhd is correct; ya gotta get it clean. Instead of rapid-tac I have used a solution of dish soap and water for application fluid. Very little soap and lots of water please, you just want to make it slippery enough to squeegee out the air bubbles. Use a real vinyl squeegee, not a credit card or a bondo squeegee. A heat gun helps a bunch to apply any large vinyl decals. Consider going to a Sign Shop that specializes in vehicle wraps. This stuff can be pretty tricky. My suggestion is if you really want to wrap yer rig, practice on a tool box first. If you can make it look good, you should be able to wrap your Jeep. Myself, I'm one of those old dinosaurs who still airbrushes and hand letters. You get one of a kind results that way.... but that's just me.:rolleyes:
Good Luck

Useful info... Thnks...

Not the best pic but the only one I have. It took about an hour to do it all. I used a paint degreaser and wax remover available at any paint store to wipe it down first. Been on there 2+ years and no bubbles or any other problems.

Attachments

• image-720817544.jpg
    image-720817544.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 1,339

Not the best pic but the only one I have. It took about an hour to do it all. I used a paint degreaser and wax remover available at any paint store to wipe it down first. Been on there 2+ years and no bubbles or any other problems.

Nicely done... Did you get that through Camo4u or Camoskinz?

Only thing I know about wraps is, as a drummer, drums come in either stained wood or a wrap. The wraps bubble up in spots and over time start to peel off. That would be my concern with doing a wrap on my jeep.

I think the vehicle wraps are a little more durable and made for outside use...

just did my jeep,80 cj5.
did the truck in jan. this year.
wrapsforless out of orlando
order by the linear foot.
applied it myself,used a heat gun for the tight spots.

Attachments

• 100_0563.JPG
    100_0563.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • 100_0564.JPG
    100_0564.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
Back