spark plug`s

tricky-1948

hi all
I have a cherokee sport 2.4 2002 I am now out of work, so I was going to give it a service as I can not afford to put it in and have it done.
to expensive. anyway can you tell me, I have looked under the bonnet and was socked to see you have to remove the top manifold and what look`s to be the accelerator cable to change the spark plug`s ? is this right or is there an easy way to do it, as this is a first on this engine for me ? is there any book`s to show how all this is done, only it seem`s a lot of work just to change the spark plug`s any help at this time would really appreciated.
many thank`s to all.

tricky.

REMOVAL

2.4L

If spark plug for #2 or #3 cylinder is being removed, throttle body must be removed. Refer to Throttle Body Removal.
  1. Remove air cleaner tube and housing.
  2. Twist secondary cable at cylinder head to break loose at spark plug. Remove cable from plug.
  3. Prior to removing spark plug, spray compressed air into cylinder head opening. This will help prevent foreign material from entering combustion chamber.
  4. Remove spark plug from cylinder head using a quality socket with a rubber or foam insert.
  5. Inspect spark plug condition.

ok m8 many thank`s for info. it looked like that`s what needed to be done but wanted to make sure.

many thank`s
regards Richard

Back