93 Wrangler fuel pump.

Gregorypaul

Hello,

I own a 1993 Wrangler with the 4.0 that just turned 227,000 that I bought brand new in 1993. I've always kept the maintenance up and use it as a daily driver and a hunting rig. I have never had any major issues with the running gear except for clutches and u-joint's. Two things that I had never needed to do was any fuel injection work or cleaning besides the occasional Gum Out dumped into the tank, and have never replaced the fuel pump. Getting ready for summer trips and plan on doing some maintenance, would you guys go as far as dropping the fuel tank and replacing the pump?

Thanks Greg.

I can't say I'd go as far as to replace the pump before it goes out but if you plan to it's not hard to do at all. All you need are basic tools and a floor jack. An extra pair of hands comes in handy, but the first time I dropped a YJ tank I did it alone.

I agree with Wrangl3r93. Do a thorough check up on your ride before you make a long trips and check all the rubber hoses such as the vacuum lines and fuel lines that usually shows signs of deterioration at that age and mileage.

Oh I forgot if you want to change the fuel filter it's not in the tank but right on the inside of the driverside frame rail above the rear tire. It's an easy cheap maintenance job that will prolong the life of your pump.

Back