Windshield Light question

gothictreasures

I am going to install brackets (when they get here) for windshield lights.

My question

Do the lights that are used on the windshield hinge brackets have to be the "slim" lights?

Every Jeep I see around here with lights by the windshield always have the slim lights I would like to or der some KC Daylighters but I want to make sure they will fit ok since they are not a slim light

It would depend on the bracket you order for how far away from the windshield the mounting holes are.Best thing to do is to mount the bracket and measure the distance.Measure twice order once!

I've got daylighters on mine. They fit fine, but the glare off the hood kinda makes them worthless IMO. I put them on BOTH Jeeps before I turned them on, and the glare off of the hood is HORRIBLE. You can find one of my Jeeps under reader rides that shows regular daylighters mounted there.

I did see a TJ with KC daylighters on the window mount today.They seem to fit fine and still had some room behind them.

Post some pics once you get them installed.

I haven't decided if I like the look or not yet.

i have seen some jeeps round here that have the daylighters as well but one thing i was looking at when i went 2 order is in jeep essentials they have these things that go under the light that is mounted on ure winshield that are supposed to reduce the amount of glare that is thrown off the hood

I have slim lights on the windshield mounts and a buddy of mine has the daylighters on his. I haven't noticed a glare problem and that might be corrected with a spot style lens rather then a flood style.

ok now thats out of the way:rolleyes::D

here are the brackets on a lj
DSC05183-2.jpg

and on a yj
DSC01957-2.jpg

Back