BlackStick

Are leaf springs a must, or is there another part that can connect the axle to the frame? I'm sure that this is second nature to a lot of you, but I really have no idea. If there is another way to go, please let me know. I want to lift a '76 CJ7 and hopefully, not be restricted by leaf springs. Please help.

Your stuck with the leaf springs unless you want to spend more money converting it to a coil sprung suspension which would also require a lot of mods and welding.

Leaf springs, coil springs, coil over springs, 1/4 eliptic springs, 3/4 eliptic springs, parallel 4 link, single triangulated four link, double triangulated four link, radius arm, 3 link...

Honestly, if your asking... Stick with the leaf springs.

and you could do a spring reversel kit. and run YJ springs.
There is so much out there keep it simple. Your 76 CJ has narrow axles
you might want to find a pair of wide track's or a scout Dana 44 rear end.
hint: some 86 CJ7's had rear dana 44's. watch out for the gears on any
axle you find. you don't want to end up with 2:73's yes that's what i said
2:73's you want min 3:54's or better 3:73's.

Thanks guys. I'll probably go with a double triangulated four link because I can get really good articulation with them, and then through some Bilstein 9300 series coil over shocks on. Anything to get rid of leaf springs. I got $30,000 to blow on this thing thanks to the stock market and I want it to be awesome.

Right now, the search is on for a good shop to put it all together. I'd like to do it myself, but I don't have the tools, or the know how. I'm a University biology student, so I don't have the time to learn right now. Some day I'll build my own CJ7 from the ground up. Thanks again for answering my question.

$30, might not be enough... Send me your jeep and your money, should cost about that, I'll link it for you and not charge a dime over $30,000 I swear.

$30,000! :shock:

Just a note, you'll never get 30 grand back out of a Jeep upon resale unless it were kissed by Elvis himself. That, as we know, will never happen unless he decides to come back from the planet Käsekopf.

What's so bad with leafs, anyways?

$30,000! :shock:

Just a note, you'll never get 30 grand back out of a Jeep upon resale unless it were kissed by Elvis himself. That, as we know, will never happen unless he decides to come back from the planet Käsekopf.

What's so bad with leafs, anyways?
Didn't you hear, elvis lives in vegas.

I would do a fron Spring Over Axle and rear Spring Under Axle combination; this would maximize flex and minimize headaches if articulation is what you are looking for...

I have no intention of selling it. The '76 CJ7 is one of my dream vehicles. Why? Because they are the best looking jeep out there and '76 was the first model year of the CJ7. This one will be with me until the end.

Back