What's involved in replacing metal grills over front speaker

Craig

The front speaker grills on my 93 YJ are damaged from when my jeep was recently stolen. They pried the grills apart. The grills are part of the dashboard. I would like to know if anyone has ever dismanteled their dashboard and how much of it I have to pull apart to remove the grills and replace them. I know it would be alot easier to just install aftermarket speaker grills over the stock ones but I want it to look as stock as possible. If it's too much work to remove them, I guess I'll have to go with the aftermarket grills.[addsig]

have the f^^^^^^ who stole your jeep been caught?[addsig]

No, they haven't been caught, but I found a bag full of some hookers personal items in the back of my jeep. It has pictures of mostley bikers and their tattoos. Pictures of her getting into various cars, probation papers and her diary. The police said even with all this info, their isn't much they can do. They really did a job on my jeep and the insurance company still hasn't decided if they'll fix it or write it off. They smashed in both front fenders, spraypainted it blue, purple and black, punched out the rear hatch lock, drove it so hard that they ripped off the rear drive shaft (when this happened, all the fluid drained out of the t-case) so they drove around with just front wheel drive and no fluid in the t-case, stole the stereo, soundbar, roll bar padding, rear seat, wet oakle seat covers, kicked in the drivers door from the inside, jumped it and smashed the front fenders up ect, ect, ect.....I don't even know if I want it back, still trying to figure out if it's worth it. If I can get the insurance company to rebuild the transmission and transfercase and any motor damage, the drivetrain will be like new.[addsig]

If I could figure out how to add a picture to this I would but for some reason I can't paste a picture onto this.[addsig]

sorry man
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

the jeep dash is a monster to work around! I have not gone as far as you say you may go into that jungle but what experence I have had I don't want to go. I hate your jeep was trashed I knew you had it back but had no idea. To recover the cost you should sell the hooker diary on eBay! hehehe bet it would bring a mint. I think I would sit and wait to see what the insurance is gona do befor i went that far. Best of luck Tug[addsig]

mine in my 91 dont un bolt have to cut off but all the platic comes off except where the vin number is and its incorperated into the fire wall i wouuld cout out all the bent by some dimond plate and pop rivit it on the mount your speakers through get some fancy grills and consider it a cosmetic improve ment, sorry bout your jeep i would ask raven or terry masson on how to post pictures for us all to see, good luck and sorry

marc[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE> Dude, wash the seats! No joke! </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE> Hmmm, I'd just burn 'em.

The dash is a b!tch. It's alot of work. If you have an Audio Express, out there, have them do it! They only charge $1.00 for installation.[addsig]

Back