Supercharger for a 4.0L

J33PERkid51

I was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a supercharger for my TJ. Or what do i need to look for when searching. I want one so I will have some more power, but i guess thats obvious because what else what i need one for. Or do yall think it would be better to get a v8, but right now im still in school and kinda tight on money. I thought it would be best if i saved the v8 for later.

I'm gathering parts for a turbo setup on my jeep right now. Any kit is gonna cost you out the wazoo. If you do the research, find someone who knows what they're doing, and have some fabrication skills it can be done for a lot less though.

I have an avenger supercharger that i only used for under 3k miles. It's for a fuel injected 4.0L. It's in like new condition. It includes the 40lb. injectors which where 250 alone, the supercharger kit alone cost me about 4800. I bought it in 12/08. Tell me if you're interested.

I'm gathering parts for a turbo setup on my jeep right now. Any kit is gonna cost you out the wazoo. If you do the research, find someone who knows what they're doing, and have some fabrication skills it can be done for a lot less though.

There's a couple of people in www.4bangerjp.com that have turboed their 2.5L and they have spent a lot less than $4K; they did have to do a lot of fabrication, though, and they also did a lot of trial and error...

I have an avenger supercharger that i only used for under 3k miles. It's for a fuel injected 4.0L. It's in like new condition. It includes the 40lb. injectors which where 250 alone, the supercharger kit alone cost me about 4800. I bought it in 12/08. Tell me if you're interested.

Why did you take it off? I have been thinking about one and I am curious about your experience with them. I only seen two and both were on 2.5l jeeps, never seen one on a 4.0l.

There's a couple of people in www.4bangerjp.com that have turboed their 2.5L and they have spent a lot less than $4K; they did have to do a lot of fabrication, though, and they also did a lot of trial and error...

I have a friend who owns his own custom car shop. He has a cummins 4bt in his jeep and upgraded the turbo to a hy35. He's offered me his stock hx30 and all the parts needed to get this project going for way way less than 4k;). Even offered a wideband and tune. I'll take turbocharged over supercharged any day.

I have a friend who owns his own custom car shop. He has a cummins 4bt in his jeep and upgraded the turbo to a hy35. He's offered me his stock hx30 and all the parts needed to get this project going for way way less than 4k;). Even offered a wideband and tune. I'll take turbocharged over supercharged any day.

I agree that supercharged is better than turbocharged; was just offering my opinion about the cost of turbo...

I took it off only because it wastes more gas on my car. And being a student soon going to be traveling quite a few hundred miles to school every weekend I should sell it. I was very pleased with the performance on my jeep. If a little decrease in fuel economy is no problem than I really recommend a supercharger. And personally, I'd go w/ the supercharger way before the turbo. I would love to keep my supercharger but for the above reasons, I'm forced to sell it. When I would take my jeep to the dunes, I didn't even need four wheel drive to climb the dunes. I have a rubicon but I also take it to the dunes. It's what's mostly around here. In the rocks it would make it so much easier to climb also. It's an awesome kit. Here's my craiglist post for whoever's interested. Wrangler or Cherokee Avenger SUPERCHARGER

Turbo for a 4.0 is gonna cost around $4500 I've done looked lol. My 4.0 seems to have enough power for me and its basically stock. www.505performance.com is the place to go
Well if your saying that your jeep runs fine, with the 35's you have. Then i might just leave it. Write back and tell me any problems you have. if u have any

Back