YJ in rough shape. Parts catalog?

FITZER

The more I look at my Jeep, the more I find wrong. May not have been such a great deal after all! Drive train is awesome, but the body is pretty bad.

Does anyone have an actual O.E. parts catolog they can download, or a website that I can go to? My floor pans have holes rotted through, and the door post frames are quite rusty. Haven't stripped the interior yet(kinda scared too!), so not sure how bad things are in there. Hopefully it's salvageable.

www.google.com

this searching site will link you to just about ever single parts supplier there is.

I also suggest Crown jeep parts, you can buy them through quadratec, but if you call them directly, way cheaper on both the part and shipping.

If you choose to go the ceative route a local Jeep wrecking yard (I've been there several times) to me is Mac's Jeeparts (541) 738-7121. He has several CJ's and YJ's (and an old FC) in varied stages of parts picking, but the bodies are mostly there. Given the bolt together nature of older Jeeps at least this could be a great resource, although for the Waggy folks he had to clear his field a couple of months back and sold those for scrap. Let the phone ring and ring though 'cause he's a one man show on the edge of retirement. Best of luck.

I have had good luck with Jeepdoc.com, or look at other jeep sites' classified section. Lately I have seen several good YJ/TJ tubs.

How is your Jeep going to be used? I have made some 1/4 in. plates that go underneath the roll bar since it had rusted out underneath it. Those are bolted in. It doesn't look pretty at all, but it really stiffened up the body panels and my floor.

If your floor is beyond repair, I would do as Bounty said.

Back