2005 Wrangler transmission problem

oraclehill1

I bought a 2005 almost 3 yrs ago with 16000 miles. I now have 74000 on it and it will not work in park. Found that there was a recall on this problem. Took it to the dealer for repairs, they told me the previous owner had this fixed. It has to do with park pawl anchor shaft. Dealer said that there was nothing they could do. Any suggestions for repairs. Not to happy with the dealers response.

I beleive you are reffering to the E-14 Recall(trans. cap plug bracket). I would ask the dealer why they wont do anything about it especially when this recall is a safety concern.

Attachments

• Recall E-14.pdf
    212.9 KB · Views: 330
Well if it was a recall and they refused to fix it and something happens it sounds like a law suit to me.Even if it was done already they should re do if it is still broke..last tech may not have done it properly.

What do you mean by "will not work in park"? Are you sure that the recall issue is what's causing the problem?

I can put it in park and it will still roll. I found this out a couple of weeks ago while doing a brake job. I am a bit lost after what the dealer told me of being corrected by the previuos owner. I still feel that this is the problem. There is 1 more Jeep dealer in Tucson that I will try. I am looking for some info so that I may try to tackle this on my own.

I can put it in park and it will still roll. I found this out a couple of weeks ago while doing a brake job. I am a bit lost after what the dealer told me of being corrected by the previuos owner. I still feel that this is the problem. There is 1 more Jeep dealer in Tucson that I will try. I am looking for some info so that I may try to tackle this on my own.
I've attached the recall notice on my prior response. It has the information you need.

Back