Rough Country 3" Suspension kit ?

Tug-n-pull

Has anybody used this Rough Country 3" Suspension kit or know anything about it. Have a local shop trying to talk me into it! Looks like a good deal to me but I know nothing about the lift. Comes with what is listed. Still needs break lines and what else?

Front/Rear Hydro Shocks w/ Black Shock Boots

Front/Rear Leaf Springs

Front/Rear Track Bar Brackets

Transfer Case Drop Brackets

Drop Pitman Arm (Power Steering Only)

Spring Bushings

Rear U-Bolts

Thanks for any help! Tug[addsig]

You may not need brake lines- When I was running 3" of lift mine were fine. If they aren't, a real cheap fix is to move the mounts down on the frame to cheat a little bit and gain a little more length.

The only other thing that you MAY need would be either a SYE or different driveshaft. I would doubt it since you have the t-case drop stuff in there. If the drop is 1"-1.5" you should be fine- I am running 7"+ of lift in my Jeep with the stock driveshaft and a 1.5" t-case drop. [addsig]

That fire breathing 350 ya mentioned earlier!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
It seems like your plans for lifting your Jeep are growing. From 1.5" to 3" now...hmmm...Just go for the Skyjacker 6". Ha, Ha! Don't know if you want the quick disco's for the front axle, or new hardware, ie. u-bolts for the front as well, as previously mentioned, maybe brake lines. You might have to find a new route for the vac. line for the 4wd. I had to...it kept on popping off the connection under moderate flex. You should easily get 6" more out of it by finding a more direct route through the engine bay. Good luck.[addsig]

Granted its a different setup but I put a Rough Country in to my old 86 XJ a few years back. It was a cheapy from JC Whitney, but, I was happy with the quailty of the product. I had the truck for 2 years and it didnt sag, even with all the abuse i gave it, so i guess they use decent quailty metal and manufacturing processes. The only thing i did trade up to was the Skyjacker Hydro shocks. What a difference. Also, before you comit to it, check out the JC whitney Catalogue, They have the YJ kit for $449 W/O shocks. And it does include:

4 spring packs with poly bushings

all u bolts

F&R track bar relo's

Bump spacers

shims

T-case lower kit

Good luck.[addsig]

Back