No spark??

Old Sgt

Hi.. Im new on the block. . I have a 1993 YJ thats been around the block a few times. I bought it to restore. It ran great driving it home, went to cleaning it up to put in garage, that included power washing the eng" drove it around the block after to dry, no problem, put it in the garage went to work. First the small stuff replaced the turn signal switch/wiper, put back togeather works as advertised so I was in the stearing column and under the dash looking around and fixing small stuff ,fuses and so on, Im in no hurry so it took about a weak or so. Turned the key the eng turns over but no spark. So i went to cking the small stuff first, replace coil, crankshaft position sensor, cked grounds, any wires that could of gotten wet from washing still NOTHING" now im getting ****ed. Not the PCM please God not that. Went to every auto shop in town, no one can get it, well you all know what happens if you go to the dealer $$$$$$ I found a place that will send it off to be rebuilt for $200. New one at dealer close to 500. So now im thinking did i miss something? What about the camshaft positionn sensor!! so can anyone shed any light on this...........?:???:

Seems like your on the right track but could be overlooking something that you've already checked. First, make sure that the distributor did not induce any water from the power washer. Use an air compressor to blow out the nooks and crannys of the electronic components in question such as the PCM connectors, distributor etc.. Check the ECM fuse on the fuse block. If the water intrusion caused a short, it will blow. Check the main power supply circuits to the battery and power dist. center that the power washer could have knocked loose.

Thank you, will do what you said. If I find nothing should i take a chance and change the chamshaft position sensor befor the PCM.

I wouldn't change anything without verification of a faulty component, but that's your descision. The fact that it was a running prior to the power wash and minor work done to it, points out a possible fault caused by the water or a bad connection somewhere when you were working under the dash by the fuse block. make sure the key on circuits are functioning properly.

Ok, Ill keep on looking, ow ya whats a key on circuits:lol: I did remove the ignition key, do i need to look in the stearing column, again thank you for helping me.

Key on circuits like the ecu, and all your gauges that should come alive when the key is cycled to the on position. yes, i would start by the steering column connectors and make sure they are properly seated. this happened to me once and i've always been diligent checking these connectors after i work on the electricals under the dash.

I found it, :shock:Yahooooo. It was the elec plug on the rt side fenderwell with about 12 wires. Two of the pins were corroded so i hard wired them to bypass the plug and ''BAM'' started right up....Thankyou for the info your were a great help. :D

Back