air-locker

tj-angler

if i buy a air-locker can i drive it on the freeway because i was talking so some people but some said yes and others said no sum help ![addsig]

Welcome to Jeepz.com and I hope at some point that I may be of service to you in some way or other. That said I have a question! What do you plan for you jeep? I have read most of your post and I am scratching my head as to what you are thinking. I ani't putting you down or anything like that so don't go off the deep end or anything. I just been reading a bunch of post and you got all new questions. this is a good thing, we need new thought as to what we can do to make good better. I just want to see where your head is at. I bet your last car was a rice rocket! Am I correct? Thanks and best of luck in doing what you do. Keep up posted as you build up your ride. Tug
image-missing.png
[addsig]

if you got $$$ a selectable locker is the best way to go b/c you can make it completly open and no side effects ( arb, OX, elocker)[addsig]

I got an ARB in the rear of my yj and it drives just fine at any speed. You have to brake em in at first you don't drive as fast as you can. I say about 500 miles.[addsig]

An ARB act's just like an "open diff" when not engaged. Yes you can drive it on any HWY at any speed your comfortable with. It's not recommended to drive with it locked on a HWY or paved surface. While turning you'll notice that it's locked, as you'll "chirp" a tire going around a corner.

[addsig]

no,no,no, my first car is my jeep but my whole life i was around ricers because of my step brothers and when i decided to get a jeep they were like "what! those are hella slow and blah blah blah" but i loved tha fact that i can go anywherei desired but before i buy something that i am going to regret buying because theres something beter out there im going to ask alot of questions about eveything.[addsig]

ARB's front and rear...yes they are pricey, but completely selectable. My Jeep is a daily driver as well and on-road manners are important in my case. So far, no problems and they perform very well. Patti[addsig]

ARB's are nice. The drawbacks are strength and engagement lines.

Ive sent back the spools i bought for my new axels and have decided

to use a detroit in the rear and an OX up front. Lockers are fine

for the street. ARB's are great you will have no problems on the street.

In fact, id recommend a detroit in the rear if you reconsider on the arb's.

the detroit is very strong and automatic. Once traction is slipping

between the axel shafts it engages, great traction. As for street,

you will learn fast how to drive with lockers. I wouldnt recommend

lending it out though cause everyone will tell you your jeep is broken

and no mather how hard you try you cannot explain to non-wheelers

it is suppose to work like that. Plus sides, i can take any ricer to 65.[addsig]

If you have ricer friends... you will be happy with a jeep... You can do anything they can, plus much much more... and with a 4.0... you can still smoke many of them. [addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>and with a 4.0... you can still smoke many of them. </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

amen to that! gotta love the look on their faces when a cherokee smokes their ass
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Its great runnin 37's and taking all those 4 poppers off the lines,

they actually believe that you must have motor work done,

but truth is its all about the gearing[addsig]

Back