Rusted bushings

stubs

I recently repaired a hole in the driver side. When I went to remove the bushing that holds the tub to the chassis the bolt just spun, when i looked inside the floor panel the bolt was disinigraded. Most likely the one on the passenger side is the same way. Is there a easier way to replace these or do I have to cut holes in the floor? Thanks Nick

Cutting the section on the floor board would be an easier option rather than cutting the channel for the body. Weld a piece of metal tab on what used to be a nut welded on the channel and force the bolt off. Cut a piece of 1/4 inch steel plate with the width of the inside channel and drill a hole in the center where the new bolt would go through and weld a new nut on it. Slip it in the hole and lay it flat on the tub channel and weld it on just so it doesn't shift forward or backwards. Re-attach the section of the floorboard and weld it shut.

Great idea ill start cutting this weekend. I haven't checked the other ones yet. I figure while I'm in welding mode I should check them are they done the same way? Thanks for all your help, Nick

Back